Monday, February 8, 2010

Fill it up.

Recently, I've found that I've begun to peruse video games as if in search of a fine wine, and begun to appreciate them in much a similar fashion. At times, I'm in the mood for something light and crisp, and at times I'm looking for something darker, slower--something to sip and savor slowly on a cold night.

It sounds ridiculous, I'll grant you, but I can't shake it. More and more, I've come to realize, as so many others have, that video games are experiential art. Their gameplay and flow as much as an expression as their sceneries and characters. The world of video games has progressed so rapidly that they don't even remotely fit in with their bygone 8-bit predecessors. This is a bright new world.

I've felt the urge to begin this blog for months now, but I've never gotten around to it. I have many a thing to post on: Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed 2, Modern Warfare 2, Army of Two: The 40th Day, Mass Effect 2...a lot of sequels, apparently. They'll be coming shortly, hopefully with some help from some friends. Stay tuned.

KM

No comments:

Post a Comment